Welcome to Good Shepherd Church
A small plot was given by the Cantonment Municipality, Bangalore to late Rev.Fr.E Garnier, on 2nd December 1873 for the construction of a church in a place, then
called Knoxpet, later known as Murphy Town and still popular by that name and is now known as Hoysala Nagar..
The Good Shepherd (John 10:1-6)
Say: Jesus continued teaching. Again, Jesus used things that people could see to explain heavenly things that they could not see. Everyone in Jesus’ day knew all about sheep and shepherds. Shepherding was as much a part of their lives as cars and computers are a part of ours. Most of us don’t know too much about sheep and shepherds, so let’s talk about this for just a minute. Ask: Who knows what the shepherd’s job is? To take care of the sheep. Say:Sheep are wonderful creatures made by God, but they don’t know how to care for themselves.
The shepherd does many things for the sheep:
- He finds good clean water for them. Like any creature, sheep need fresh water everyday. But left to themselves, they might drink dirty or polluted water. The shepherd leads them to fresh water or digs a well for them..
- He leads them to good food. He leads them past the dry rocky ground, away from poisonous plants, to fields of green grass.
- He keeps them from wandering away. A sheep might leave the flock and get lost, or fall into a crook in the rocks and break a bone.
- e keeps them from danger. Wild animals lurk nearby waiting to attack a stray sheep. The shepherd protects his sheep.
- And the shepherd leads the sheep back to their pen each night.
- And much more…